Timothee Chalamet. He is part of the menswear vanguard challenging the notion that dressing up means black suiting. He uses color, textiles, and embellishments typically reserved for women — but why should they have all the fun?
Timmy has been consistently delivering impeccable looks for a couple of years now. With a big new movie about to come out, keep an eye on his fashion choices over the winter season.
Below are six favorite recent outfits, each of which has a dominant element that can be taken as inspiration. While some of the tailoring will be difficult for civilians to pull off, let it inspire you to rethink gender restrictions and body proportions.
- Electric Blue. Regardless of skin tone, there is a shade of rich blue that can work.
2. Embroidery. High contrast works best when used sparingly.
3. Color Blocking. Keep the neutral more prominent.
4. Florals. A black base grounds things and keeps it edgy.
5. Evening Wear Beading. Okay, we realize this may be double-black-diamond, expert level clotheswearing. Something to aspire to.
6. Gender Non-Conforming. *Warning: below is a trained professional on an enclosed track. Do not attempt at home.* His success pulling off multiple femme elements is what makes this his best look ever. You have got the satin, the cinched waist, the curls, cropped pants, and a camisole top all in sync.
Consider trying just one of those elements if you are feeling daring.